Please note that articles may contain affilitate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Wednesday 23 January 2019

Magistrates' Court Security Guard Punched by Angry Relative


A security guard at Southern Derbyshire Magistrates' Court was punched by the brother of an offender sentenced to imprisonment.

Court security services are contracted to G4S.

The guard, who does not wish to be named, described how the aggrieved relative barged through the court security barrier, planted a punch on his face and then fled the scene.

In common with many criminals, he wasn't the sharpest tool in the box. The guard instantly recognised him from the previous day when he got agitated as his brother was sentenced to a period of imprisonment.

The assailant's identity was further confirmed when she said "that was for yesterday" as he landed the blow to the right side of the guard's face.

The guard said: "This was pre-meditated. That's what makes it the most shocking.

"He has gone home and thought about it and then decided to come in.

"Yesterday, he was having a go and kicking off and he did say to me that he would come back and sort me out, but I didn't think anything of it.

"We get hundreds of people through here each day, sometimes up to 500, so that's up to 2,500 people each week.

"I still have a bit of adrenalin going through me at the moment.

"I am sure when I sit down later think about it, things will sink in.

"It could have been a hell of a lot worse. He could have had a knife or anything. I am sure the police will be able to get him though."

Derbyshire Police are investigating the matter.

No comments: